Distribution TITANIUM DIOXIDE grades
- Prime Rutile Chloride type : LCR 821
- Prime Rutile Chloride type high gloss : CR 510
- Standard Rutile Chloride type : R1930
- Prime Rutile Sulphate type : R216
- Prime Anatase : A100
- Prime Anatase : A200 (food)
- Standard Anatase : A101
Ti02 is a finely divided powder with a high refractive index, easy dispersing, non toxic, chemically inert, absorbing UV light, scattering visible light very effectively thus giving whiteness, brightness and opacity.
The chloride types are made with a newer less waste producing continuous process versus the older sulphate batch process but both derived from ilmenite ore.
The various rutile grades differ in: purity (>90%, 92%, 94%,…), colour, impurities, undertone, opacity, ease of dispersion, gloss, durability.
Some grades have inorganic surface treatment for aging protection or organic treat for dispersibilty improvement.